Coolent leak

I have been reading all the post about head gaskets. In October I picked up a used Outback with 32500mi on it. Two weeks ago with 37000mi on the clock I smelled rotten celery, just rolled down the window. Then again last week I smelled it again. Went to Cherry Capital Subaru here in Traverse City the next day at 10 in the morning. The service tech said it would cost me $87 for an hour to find out what was wrong. I had been in the lounge for 20 minute when the tech came in and told me the head gasket was leaking. I said fix it and how much is it going to cost me? The reply was Subaru is covering all the cost, including the first hours charge. They took me back to my place. The next day at 2 in the afternoon I got a call asking me when and where to pick me up, my car was ready. Service tech told me it takes 9 hours to replace both head gaskets. I left the dealer ship and went to my local watering hole and bough a round, being early in the afternoon only

3 drinks. I feel like I just made $750. Once in a while things go right. I am happy again, was it the beer or the dealer?
Reply to
Richard