crank pulley torque - wrong in books?

Hi all

Got the Impreza engine all back together and was just triple checking what I have done - it will be going back in tomorrow if all goes well.

Just read a post that states that the crank pulley is supposed to be tightened to over 100 ft/lb and that the manuals are all wrong. Is this true? Both my impreza manual say that it is supposed to be 69-76 ft/lb so I tightened it to 73. Is that right? Does it require blue locktite? If the manual is wrong, is it wrong elsewhere I need to know about?

tia Remco

Reply to
Remco

Edward Hayes

Thanks - looking at the engine manual for a 2.5, that is also considerably higher. I'll retorque mine. Wonder why these manuals are so consistently off..?

Reply to
Remco