cruise control

First, thanks to those of you who responded to my first post regarding the retrofitting of cruise control on our '94 Legacy. The Australian unit no longer seems to be available, which leaves J.C. Whitney as the only supplier I can find. My past experience with their products does not encourage me to do business with them, so that leaves Subaru as the only source I know. My local wrecking yard has a multitude of Legacys, all with their cruise control systems intact. I've been invited to help myself.

What I'd like to learn from you folks is: (1) your evaluation of the cruise control systems which Subaru installs; (2) any hints regarding installation and troubleshooting you might have; (3) scanned pages from the relevant Subaru shop manual, which would really, really help.

My wrecking yard friend thinks that the installation would be difficult, but my impression is that he prefers to avoid electrical components.

Thanks lots,

Phil

'94 Legacy

Reply to
Phil Andrus

Phil... The Aussie unit is still available... I'll get you some more information tomorrow, and post it to the group....

hold off for a couple of days.... :-)

Signatures² into your Preferences folder.

Reply to
Andrew Morris