CVT Question

Hello,

On the new 2015 Outbacks (Premium-4 cyl.) e.g., if you floor the gas pedal all the way down, does the CVT drop down into a "condition" that approximates what would happen in a car with a regular transmission where it "would drop down a gear lower if floored" ?

Is there an equivalent action for the CVT ?

Never had a CVT car, so was wondering.

Thanks, B.

Reply to
Bob

Can't speek for the 2015 Soob, but MOST CVTs match engine speed to required power, so would DEFINITELY "gear down" on accelleration. Some of the more advanced CVTs have a"multi-gear"mode that behaves more like a normal automatic - complete with "kick-down" I stroingly suspect the 2015 soob can be run in either "multi gear mode" or "rubber band mode"

Reply to
clare

Bob, you asked this same question three weeks ago. Have you not read all the responses to that one?

We're trying to help you, but it seems like you keep coming here and asking questions, then never replying to those threads. Then sometimes you start a new thread with the same question. It's very frustrating!

I hope you really are someone who's trying to gather information about buying a new car, but this "ask a question, then disappear until the next question" routine has been going on for more than a year now, so I'm beginning to wonder...

Patty

Reply to
Patty Winter

YES