cylinder head gasket goo?

Just had the heads skimmed on my 1983 EA81 1800 soob. The workshop did a nice job. Have to put it all back together tomorrow and the Gregorys manual says to use gasket sealant on the new Cylinder head gasket. I have never used sealant on heads before (and there wasnt any on the original gasket that came off). Some books say use it, some don't. Any advice. Should I be using sealant on aluminium heads?

Al, Australia

Reply to
Al Blake

Here in the states, everyone seems to love the spray-on copper-bearing Permatex gasket sealer for heads.

Reply to
Jim Stewart