Dates for 07 Foresters, how many Beans left?

I'm interested in buying a LL Bean and am getting the money together now to pay cash for it. I prefer a 06 and being just before the 07 model year figured I may have more negotiating power. First, I know that the current rebate expires today. Any idea on rebates for April or May? Also, are there a lot of LL Beans in inventory? I know there's less beans than the standard X and premiums so I wondered how soon they are going to sell out? Also, the latest I have read says that final order date for 06 Foresters is April 1st, order date for 07 Foresters May 1st, production startup May 15th, Delivery June 1st. I have heard this has changed, possibly being moved up. Any ideas on this?

Reply to
Mark W

will have as current a listing of incentives as anyone I guess. You could also email Joe and ask him what the history has been. I suspect incentives will be duplicated or possibly improved next time - but I don't know.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Thanks for that link and it helped a lot. I was extremely impressed by his web page and as well just emailed him with my questions. I felt as the 07's get closer rebates will only increase and once the 07's are actually on the lots it would go up even more. Yet most of the dealers here only have 1-3 LL Beans so my concern is if I wait too long I won't be able to get one, especially in the colors I prefer. I will definitely purchase a 06', not a 07. It seems somewhere I read on this newsgroup about last years incentives and they went up with time, never down. I can't find that message but I have heard Forester sales are down and I am hoping that results in better negotiating power. Of course the hard thing is waiting :) Everytime I pass the Subaru dealership I want to go in and buy one.

I was excited though when I was reading cars101 and realized that Joe actually sells cars nationwide. I saw he's a fleet internet sales manager so deals in volume. It seems he works for a standard Subaru dealership, of course a large one. Has anyone on here bought from him? I'm curious on your experience if so and as well his pricing. I have already emailed him about this so I hope I am able to talk to him soon about this.

Reply to
Mark W