Debriefing of failed Subaru purchase.

You also ought to check out Fitzgerald Subaru in Rockville, Md.; that would take you maybe 1.25 hours at most to reach, and they have the best prices in the region. My mother has bought two OBWs from them.

If/when I get ready to buyanother Subaru, I'll be checking out their prices (I live by thehighest volume Subaru dealer in the U.S.: Van Bortel Subaru, but theywon't negotiate their price, and I've seen Fitzgerald's prices beattheirs several times). Love the eastern panhandle, beautiful, beautiful region with so much history.

Reply to
KLS

-- SNIP --

Your time is worth a lot less than mine.

1.) You seemed to like the car. 2.) Used cars can vary in details, options, and conditions. 3.) Your initial offer was $13,000.

You walked away @ $13,200?

Reply to
Bonehenge

Thanks for the heads up. I've always heard the DC area has a bit better pricing, and I believe it to a great extent. If you ever get a chance to come through Winchester, VA and cross the border into the panhandle especially through Hardy Co. let me know. It's an area that is full of civil war history. In fact my family on both sides along with neighbors can trace our geneology back 200 years to people who lived in this county.

Reply to
Bradley Walker

I walked at $13,200, but not because of the price. They were aiming to jip me on the trade in, refused to offer any warranty in 'good faith'. I told the salesman "If you are so confident in this product, then why don't you simply attach a 3mon/3000mi warranty because nothing probably won't happen..." he balked and acted like a jerk. Mainly it was about the trade in because my current vehicle is worth nearly $3000, however I didn't expect to get all of that. I was expecting at least a decent $2000 solid for it. They refused to take it for mroe than a few hundred tops, however the one appraiser guy who never did look at it let it slip that if I wasn't getting the internet special price ($13,200) but getting sticker price ($15,900) then they would have offered $2000 trade in value. That's poor business ethics and I won't do business who is morally or ethically bankrupt in that department.

Reply to
Bradley Walker

I'm off to Akron, Ohio, for Christmas, but before I go, I wanted to comment that now that I realize where you live, I think your choice to move from the Ford Explorer to a Subaru is a very wise decision. My folks have a house in Hedgesville (which is for sale, btw) and have really appreciated the AWD of my mother's OBW when getting in and out during the winters. Here in western New York, we love our Subarus (but I admit to a preference for Audi Quattro cars and personally drive a 98.5 A4 2.8).

Yes, the panhandle regi>Thanks for the heads up. I've always heard the DC area has a bit better

Reply to
KLS

Buy what you want then sell the Ford after.

You'll surely get > $2k US for it if its in good//great shape?

Reply to
Bob H

I just used

to search. BTW I was in sort of the same boat as you, in that I had to sell my Chevy truck before I could buy a car (but I have a rusty 15-year-old 4Runner that I keep as a spare vehicle). I did sell the truck fairly quickly (8 days) with an ad in the Baltimore Sun and cars.com The paper puts a Web ID in the print ad linking it to the cars.com ad.

Zelda

Reply to
zelda