Did ya hear about the big storm in Franklin County, MA

There was a reason I was gone for >2 days.

We got hit HARD. Power came back on today at 6PM, 43 hours.

Now, for the GOOD news!

I was out for a ride in the Supra, since it was HOT and cruising around with the top off seemed like a good idea. I didn't watch the evening news, and was listening to XM in the car...

About 10:30 there were some awful BIG drops of rain so I decided it would probably be a good idea to put the roof on. As soon as I stopped the car and opened the trunk (

Reply to
Hachiroku

One of those days you shoulda stayed in bed.

Reply to
bugalugs

=?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= wrote in news:rhYLn.30151$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe22.iad:

We've had some sudden bad ones up here, but nothing I was ever actually stuck in. I feel for ya, here. But for the grace of God, as they say...

Last summer we had a doozy that knocked out the power for 8-hours. The rain was a sheet against the windows such that you couldn't see out at all for a good half-hour. The basement shipped some water due to a foundation crack that's under the deck, on the neighbor's side (he shares the other half of our semi), and is normally insulated from rain. The stupid thing is, after the incident, my neighbor NEVER BOTHERED TO PATCH THE CRACK even though he KNEW that's where the water came in, and HIS basement leaked as well! In October, before the cold hit, I had to reach over to his side through the fence under both our decks, and apply silicone to seal the crack.

Or just keep

up in a tab all the time in your Web browser at home, the way I do. A quick glance before you head out, and you know what's coming down the pipe.

Reply to
Tegger

I went out for a lottery ticket! I bet if I had gotten there in time, I would have won! (They OWE me, dammit!) ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Maybe time for you to review your climate change data?? LOL, TAK

Reply to
tom

Take a branch and throw it against the windshield...then tell the insurance co. that a branch broke it in the storm. May be a bit dishonest but if you have comprehensive its covered from stone schips on the road anyway. PLUS, I'm sure you've paid them enough and had nothing in return.

Reply to
John

I thought it actually had to be broken!

And, with Progressive, I'm still paying less for 4 cars than I was for 2!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

No need to, tak! I look at it as evidence the Ice Age is coming! (YOU should have seen THAT one coming!)

Reply to
Hachiroku

ICE AGE??? Are we talking climate or love life ?

Reply to
tom

I'm beginning to think, both...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Looking around where the Flying Garage hit my car, I spotted a piece of trim it ripped off...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Hurricane (Ivan I believe it was) ripped my entire patio off of my home. And that was just a year after I repaired it from the last hurricane. Finally said to the insurance co. to forget it, I'm not replacing it. You can lower my bill because it is no longer going to be there. And that was just one of the many things damaged over 4 hurricanes in 3 years.

Looks like this year will be another one where I have to call them.

Reply to
in2dadark

Wow. At least I got my roof back!

Reply to