Disable daytime headlights and seat belt buzzer on '05 Legacy

Does anyone know how to do either or both?

Thanks.

Reply to
Pete F

Driving the vehicle into the ocean would probably take care of both of them, but that might be a bit drastic.

Reply to
kstahl

Yes, because Pete is in Colorado, which is very far from both the Atlantic and Pacific. ;-)

I have a 2000 Legacy and would also like to know how to defeat the DRL's. Sometimes, I like to switch the headlights off for a second, to signal to people.

The 2005 has a seatbelt buzzer? Wow, memories of 1974!

Reply to
Tom Reingold

Here we go again!!!!

Reply to
Freedom55

I believe that NASIOC has a forum on that subject. Something about a big silver resistor being in the engine compartment somewhere that if you remove it take away the DRL's (also, it might be hot if you just had the car on!)...

I know that there is a "switch" in the parking break mechanism of the 5MT somewhere that kills the light when the parking brake is on w/ headlights off. If you are looking for a way to be able to turn the DRL system on and off from within the cockpit perhaps you can find this wiring system and tap into it and add a convenience switch somewhere.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:21:46 GMT, Tom Reingold wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Lift the parking brake until you hear the click of the relay. It should turn off the DRLs but not yet engage the parking brake. I use this *feature* all the time.

Reply to
Juan Vado

I have a 04 liberty (legacy in US). I disabled the seat belt buzzer by disconnecting the wider of the 2 white plugs under the seats (no seat heater). Air bags did not deploy in my face and everything else seems to still work ;-) did it 6 months ago.

Reply to
tuan dao

My 04 dosent have a seatbelt buzzer. The light comes on but but it doesnt bother me while driving

Reply to
jabario

This might help.

waldo461

but do modern airbag systems rely on these seatbelt indication as part of their deployment mechanism?

Reply to
Mike

Who needs the airbags anyway? I'm disabling mine soon as warranty runs out! I've had a number of crashes and seal belts were enough

Reply to
jabario

and then:

I know you're just trolling but which one is it? No Seatbelt? No Airbag? Neither?

I am guessing you don't own a car.

;-)

florian

Reply to
Florian Feuser /FFF/

and then:

I know you're just trolling but which one is it? No Seatbelt? No Airbag? Neither?

I am guessing you don't own a car.

;-)

florian

Reply to
Florian Feuser /FFF/

Reply to
Val Demar

That seems quite easy. What about 94 outback? Same location?

Reply to
jabario

Dunno, I think in earlier Subaru models you need to cut a wire somwhere under the hood, easy :)

Reply to
Val Demar

i meant 04 outback. how do i lose drl

Reply to