Do Subarus have a crash data recorder?

I recently saw a repeat of a show that talked about crash data recorders in cars. Apparently there are 25 million of these in North American cars and GM is the largest user of them. I am curious to know if Subaru's have them, and if so when they started using them, which models and any other relevant information. Here is a link to the show:

I did a quick web search and couldn't find anything pertinent to Subaru vehicles.

Apparently if you have an airbag you have some form of event data recorder. Here is a quote from the above page:

If your car contains an airbag, it has an event data recorder (or black box) of some type. Some record only up to 1/8 of a second before a crash. Others

- like late model GMs - record up to 5 seconds of data.

Apparently this data is being used more and more by police and insurance companies when investigating crashes.

Reply to
Fuzzy Logic