Do your sun-visors suck?

On my new WRX, the sun visors suck!

They seem to have some positions to them, so when I fold it down and push it all the way around and flush into the windshield they spring back down and into my line of sight! When the sun is high in the windshield I don't want the visor sticking down so far that I have to duck to see under it!

Same with the retracted position - when "up" they won't hug the ceiling but instead fall down about 1/4 to 1/2 inch under some sort of spring tension. Are mine AFU? Or is this poor Subaru engineering?

Reply to
MikeL

Mine don't do that. They work just fine. 2005 WRX Wagon.

Reply to
Ragnar

It's time for new visors, warranty should cover them, they shouldn't be like that.

Reply to
null

Same sort of problem with my US '05 Forester. Driver side sux, pax side is OK.

Reply to
ZZ

I have the SAME EXACT PROBLEM with my 02 WRX.

Typical half-ass Subaru engineering. They know how to build engines, but the rest of the car is still stuck-in-the-70's aKa the worst that Detroit had to offer in that time period.

I like to think of my WRX as having a modern drivetrain with a crap "chinese copy" of a 1973 Chevy Vega or

75 Ford Granada body bolted to it. Subaru needs to work on it's body integrity and hardware big time! Plus I also have the Subaru "paint-chipping disease" around the hood also.

Next car will be a Honda or a Mazda 3 fer sure!

Reply to
Mike N

They suck on my 99 OBW - when the sun's hitting the a-pillar corner, I can't adjust the visor to really protect me. There are a ton of aftermarket visor extensions to fix the problem, though.

An even bigger problem: when driving into the sun, the black dashboard gets so hot the a/c can't keep up. We've resorted to laying white t-shirts across the dash on summer roadtrips. I'd love to find an inexpensive, light-colored dash cover.

LK

Reply to
L. Kreh

Adjust the tension screw for your prevailing temps, I have to change mine from winter to summer in MT. TG

Reply to
TG

Fix them or get them fixed. Mine work just fine. Always have. Same year and model.

Change a WRX for a Mazda 3? You can't be serious.

Reply to
powertrain

Go see your dealer and get them fixed. The sun visors on my '02 WRX work fine...I am seeing none of the issues you are. Well, maybe they do spring back up a touch too hard (thunk!) and that little visor above the rear view mirror is pretty much useless for anything other than a mounting point for my Escort radar detector ;-)

Brent.

Reply to
brentlz