Door lock problems.....

I tried to find a pervious thred on this but couldent find it.

I purchaced a 99 forester a couple days ago and have a couple problems

One of which is the power door locks. When i got it (used 87,000 miles) there was no fuse in the door lock part. When i put the fuse in the alarm started going off untell i turned the key on and pressed the button under the alarm box under the dash.... so far all is well untell i press unlock or lock on the door lock. Then the fuse blows! I disconected the driver door electrical connector under the left kick pannel and it still did it with the pass side switch. I then reconected it and disconected the pass door and tried it with the driver door switch and same thing. This is as far as i have gotten. Any ideas? I got a wireing diagram on all door lock wires, but if someone else has had this problem i would love to hear about it before i tear into it farther.

Also on another note, it is a s/s limited edition with keyless entry and alarm from the factory.

Reply to
lpasco

ok i figured out what was going on, the door lock/alarm control module was bad causing a short. Picked one up at work for free and it fixed it!

"lpasco" wrote: > I tried to find a pervious thred on this but couldent find it. > > I purchaced a 99 forester a couple days ago and have a couple > problems > > One of which is the power door locks. When i got it (used > 87,000 miles) there was no fuse in the door lock part. When i > put the fuse in the alarm started going off untell i turned > the key on and pressed the button under the alarm box under > the dash.... so far all is well untell i press unlock or lock > on the door lock. Then the fuse blows! I disconected the > driver door electrical connector under the left kick pannel > and it still did it with the pass side switch. I then > reconected it and disconected the pass door and tried it with > the driver door switch and same thing. This is as far as i > have gotten. Any ideas? I got a wireing diagram on all door > lock wires, but if someone else has had this problem i would > love to hear about it before i tear into it farther. > > > Also on another note, it is a s/s limited edition with keyless > entry and alarm from the factory.

Reply to
lpasco