Driver's side power window

The driver's side power window on my 96 Suburu OBW is all the way down and won't go back up. It is still on the tracks. The other three windows are fine. What can I do raise the window back up until I can get it serviced? I the meantime its covered with a plastic bag and duct tape. As always thanks.

Reply to
RAJP53

take the interior door panel off and push the window up.

Reply to
Rat

Taking the door off is easy. There are two screws as I recall, one by the interior door handle, and the other by the latch. They are covered with obvious screw covers. Once those are off, it is a simple matter of removing the door panel. This requires either a large flat blade screw driver (covered in electrical tape if you fear digging up the door panels) or a tool designed for removing door panels. You'll also have to watch for the window/door lock switch gear when you remove the panel. My '95 is slightly different as I recall, but the door panel removal process took me less than

5 minutes my first time. Once inside, there will be a plastic watershield you'll have to pull aside, and after that it should be pretty obvious how to raise the window back up. While you're in there you may want to check the connection to the power window motor and if you are feeling ambitious, perhaps even swap one of the rear motors for the (broken?) front one. Of course, I don't know if they are the same unit, but it's worth a look.

-Matt

Reply to
Hallraker

Don't the windows become disabled when the kiddie locks are on?

June

Reply to
Diva

June

Reply to
jimuntch

My thanks to everyone for the advice. I took the panel off but I cannot pull the window back up. The other window work fine. The switch will try to pull the driver's side window down, but neither the switch nor elbow grease will allow the window to go back up. Is there any method to the madness? In the meantime it's a plastic sheet and some waiting until after the holiday. Thanks once again to all. Ric

Reply to
RAJP53