EA81 pushrod, EA81 OHC... are bell housings the same?

I have a sandrail with EA81 pushrod engine...

It needs about $600 of work done to it.. I found an EA81OHC engine... will this bolt to the transmission OK? Were the same bell housings used on both engines?

I don't care about engine mounts, etc... just the bolt pattern on the bellhousing.

Rich

Reply to
aiiadict

EA81 is the pushrod engine and the EA82 is the ohc version of that motor. My best recollection is that the 82 should bolt up the same as the 81. However, the 82's tend to be more problematic than the 81's.

Steve

Reply to
SuperPoo

Try also posting at