ECU upgrades?

What is the benefit of upgrading the ECU, other than more power? What are the risks? Is this only for turbos or can non-turbos benefit also? I'm just trying to see if there's anything worth considering on my 98 Forester... Thanks LT

Reply to
LT

We own both a '98 Forester and an '05 STi, so I'm pretty much aware of what Subies can do. Once I'm used to the Sti, the biggest weak spot I notice in the Forester is not really the power. It's the relatively sloppier handling.

I'd save the $1000 from the ECU and put it towards some better suspension components, stiffer bushings and a short shifter (assuming you have a manual transmission).

Philip

Reply to
Philip Procter