Electric Windows

Hi all,

I have a '96 Outback Sport with electric windows. The windows have been acting very flaky. They will occasionally stop working (from both the master switch and the individual door switches). Sometimes I'll "roll" a window down and it won't go up, sometime I can't them to go down. After a while (hours usually) the windows start working again.

I looked in the manual and I can't find a fuse for the windows, although I wouldn't be able to explain why they only intermittanly flake out with a bad fuse. It doesn't seem to be a function of the weather (happens on rainy or sunny or hot or cold days).

Help!

Bartman

Reply to
Bartman

The contacts in the switch are corroded, possibly only the wiring contacts and not the switch itself. Since the other doors are wired through the master switch it may be any one of them. Try taking the panel off on the drivers side and cleaning the wire contacts. Best of luck and be prepared to put big bucks out for the Subi replacement! Once bought a Toaster at Walmart for less than I paid for a fuse at the Subi dealer.

Reply to
John Gibson