Emissions warranty in US

I have a 2000 Forester with 89,000 miles.

It had two oxygen sensors replaced under warranty within the whole- vehicle warranty period.

I have a Check Engine light on again. I own an OBD code reader and it's indicating a malfunctioning catalyst. If this is the case, I am not thrilled as I recently replaced the catalyst on my Land Rover and I know what those things cost!

If it IS the catalyst, are emissions components covered under warranty to 100,000 miles? Again, this is in the USA.

Reply to
Greg Smith

Edward Hayes

I *THINK* its 8years/80,000 miles.

Greg Smith wrote:

Reply to
John Reece

US vehicles have a separate Federal emissions hardware warranty. IIRC, it runs out to 75K miles or so, and seven or eight years. Check your warranty booklet.

Not positive, but I seem to recall Cali spec vehicles had an even longer Cali-state mandated emissions hardware warranty.

Reply to
CompUser