engine RPM behaviour

Hello.

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed the following behaviour out of their engines.

I have a 2003 OBS with 110k kms. Lately I have noticed that the engine RPM seems to drop much faster between shifts than other times. It makes it difficult to shift smoothly since my normal wait time results in the RPMs being way too low. I had noticed this behaviour on hot days last summer, but I have been noticing it more recently. It seems to happen randomly, Sometimes only for one shift, sometimes for a whole drive.

Any thoughts?

Chicobker

Reply to
Chicobiker

Sure. Learn powershifting or get one of the modern econoboxes like Nissan Vice Versa. According to the reviews the engine hangs onto the revs for way too long.

Reply to
Body Roll

Well, if something has changed noticeably, likely some attention is needed somewhere. The first place to be suspicious woul be any recent work done or cjanges in the car's use. Next, perhaps a simple throttle body cleaning or some cleaning of the IACV would help. maybe someone at

or
has some exact experience paralleling yours.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Avoid typing the same text again and again Stop wasting your time on mouse movements Open favorite web pages with a single hotkey press Record keystrokes and play them back with a single hotkey press

Save yourself from repetitive tasks

Reply to
Per1000IPDay6

it took me a while to adjust to my '02 legacy wagon, which i bought used. in particular, i found shifting to be jerkier than i was used to, and the engine was prone to stalling a lot more.. i ran some injector cleaner through, and had the o2 sensors replaced, and i've started shifting out much higher (4,000 rpm instead of 3,000), which feels much, much smoother. (the flat 4 doesn't howl like other japanese engines when you wind it up.) and it seems that having the a/c turned on actually improves drivability, without much effect on gas mileage. (which really doesn't make any sense.)

at least that's been my experience.

Reply to
tom klein