Engine transplant in 96 OBW

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Ive got a '96 Legacy Outback Wagon with the EJ25 automatic, 192,000 miles and leaking (oil in radiator) head gasket. I've decide to replace with the 2.2L. I've been told that the '95 engine is the only one with the dual exhaust ports needed to bolt to the OBW manifold w/o welding. I'm considering CCR, seem like knowledgeable people with a reasonable price, but am also looking at used engines. I found one at a direct Japan importer, but the guy doesn't really know much about about Subaru engines (they deal with all Japanese engines), isn't sure what vehicle it came out of. It is an EJ22, they say it is SOHC with "dual exhaust". He sent me some pics which I posted here: http://4.3.17.168/ej22 Can you tell from any of these if this is the correct EJ22? Could you tell me the complete model # of the '95 EJ22? Or anyway to identify the engine I'm looking for. Any other thoughts appreciated.

Reply to
Garry

Garry,

Have you been here?