Eyesight System: Any Negatives To It ?

Hello,

Their "Eyesight System" for the Outback certainly seems to be a good thing.

Any negatives that users' have found, or caveats ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

I have it in my 2014 Legacy 3.6R. After driving with it for almost a year, I'm pretty happy with it. I find the automatic adjusting to traffic when using cruise control on the interstate a wonderful feature. A couple of annoyances. - when driving into the rising or setting sun, the system may deactivate itself as it is as blinded by the sun as the driver. - sometime on the street, the car ahead will turn. I recognize that it is turning fast enough that it will complete its turn before I arrive where it is. However, the eyesight system seems to see it as a stationary object and applies the brakes. It's not a big deal, just a bit annoying.

All in all, I'm glad I have it.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Negative: It's another electronic gizmo that will expensively go wrong, not to mention making drivers even lazier and less skillful.

Positive: It's NOT programmed by Microsoft (as far as I know).

Reply to
Your Name

That's what I think and I read it is part of a ~$4,000 option package. My son's nav system went down in his Mercedes while under warranty. He was told it would have cost him $3,000 otherwise to repair.

Reply to
Frank