faulty 95 legacy lsi alarm

I have a 1995 lsi which i purchased a couple months back and the passive alarm randomly goes off sometime every hour for no reason. it might go a couple weeks without going off then for 12 hours straight will go off. I have disconeccted the horn so my neibors don't kill me but the flashing lights and no horn are getting old. I have had this at the Wentworth subaru dealership twice and they have not been able to find the alrm box. Does anybody know how to disconnnect this alarm? I'm told that the LSI is different than the standard legacy and that the normal location for the alrm box is directly under the steering column and this car is not set up that way. The dealer told me that they could install a new one for 360.00 but if they can't find the factory one i don't think i want them installing another one.

Reply to
tom g via CarKB.com