Fixing 6-cylinder hesitation with after-market stuff and tuning

I have a 2006 Outback 3.0 VDC that is driving me crazy with the hesitation it has intermittently. I've taken it to the dealer several times, it DOES have latest firmware, they've reset the learning mode, and, I've had the Regional Rep take data dumps while driving around to send to Subaru to analyze and try and fix, twice, now.

I am not sure, exactly if it's the engine or transmission that's causing the hesitation, but, am sure that it's really the chip or programming that's directing things.

What impact will there be if I take it to a tuner, and, could this be reversed (or, even have two chips), so that I don't totally have to void my warranty?

Thanks.

Reply to
Bill Bradley

I dunno how much ECU stuff is available for that car. Dale Teague at

would know as much or more about tuning any Legacy chassis. You could email him about what's available for the H6. Digging arouns at nasioc is a good idea as well. Most of that stuff can be reversed more easily than mechanical mods. Being an intermittent problem though is kinda odd.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Reply to