flashing cruise and solid check engine light

Hi All,

Forrester 2006.

My cruise control no longer works. The "cruise" flashed on and off. My "Check Engine" light is on solid.

Any ideas? Or, is this a trip to my Subi dealer?

Many thanks,

-T

Reply to
ToddAndMargo

Hi, Read the OBD code. Think Pep boy does it for you. I have a reader for my own use. You can buy one.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

If the MIL light is on, for any reason, cruise light will flash and the cruise won't work. Could be anything. If the MIL is on solid, its an emission problem of some sort. Still could be a large number of issues. You need to read the code to know for sure.

Reply to
JD