floor mats

Hi All,

For those of us with snowy and dirty shoes, what is a decent floor mat for a 2006 Forrester? And, where is a good place to buy it?

Many thanks,

-T

Reply to
ToddAndMargo

I ordered the mud/snow mats as an option when I got my

05 Forester XT.. They are rubber mats, with deep grooves in them, about 1/2". The deep grooves catch all the snow when we go to the mountains, and the sand and mud when it rains in the lowlands. They lift out easily and clean with the hose. They are available at the dealership parts department. Available for all 4 seats. BTW, they don't show any wear after many miles of use. This is copied from subaru.com QUOTE: 2008 FORESTER 2.5 XT LIMITED Floor Mats, All Weather $50 Custom-fitted, heavy-gauge floor mats help protect your vehicle's carpet from sand, dirt and moisture. Not intended for use over top of carpeted floor mats ENDQUOTE.. If you go to the "build your own" page, and get to the "Step 3 - Choose your accessories" area. they are about 1/2 way down. Click on the line entry and a photo will show up.

Another option is to go to

and use the "shop by vehicle" option. The resulting page shows deep groove mats similar to what the dealer offers. What they have that's really nice are the "Floor liners". My friend has these and they protect even better since they are custom fit to protect the entire carpeted area of the floor pan. They actually fit over the door sill so there is no chance of getting slush on the edges of the carpet as you enter the vehicle. Go over all the buttons on the website to see exactly how they are made & fit. Good luck.

Reply to
QX

Just a couple more shopping ideas. Sometimes ebay will have car accessories. I got a cargo net (new) and a used cargo tray for one of my Soobs there. I have aslo had good pricing and shopping experiences at

(email Jamie if you have difficulty finding what you want - she is
and works there!)

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Thank you! I love their Floor Liners and will be ordering them shortly.

Unfortunately, they do not have cargo liners for the

2006 Forrester yet. (I filled out their request form.) Do you know of a good floor liner?

-T

Reply to
ToddAndMargo

Thank you!