fog lamp bulb replacement

2003 Legacy L SE wagon

Does anyone know how to replace the fog lamp bulb? I was able to remove the black bezel, but I'm not sure how to open the fog lamp enclosure. H3 bulb? Thanks.

Reply to
ricardo381

Look in manual. Outback manual 2004 tells bulb type. google this group for Outback instructions

Reply to
jabario

manual states: this bulb may be difficult to change. Please bring to Subaru dealer to change. Not those exact words, but you get the gist of it. thanks.

Reply to
ricardo381

It's replaced from the back on an '01. While not difficult, it is a dirty job on an '01, requiring removal of part of the inner fender liner. Hopefully they made it easier on the '04.

Barry

Reply to
Bonehenge
04 outback also requires peelback of inner fender liner. There are two screws that hold bulb and socket in place . Not easy but not impossible either. Get some sylvania silverstar for better vision
Reply to
jabario

thanks. i figured it out. needed to access the bulb from underneath the front bumper.

Reply to
ricardo381