fog lights

My 96 Legacy Outback has fog lights. They are quite pitted from road stuff flying at them. Does anyone know if glass can be fixed to make it smooth again, similar to the Lens renew product for plastic lens? Barring that, does anyone know where to get new lights? Please let me know.

Pete

Reply to
tabipapa

There's gonna be a lot of labor. You will need to use various grits of wet-dry (silicon carbide) paper - taking the surface down to the dpth of the deepest pit/scratch. Then going to an intermediate grit, then a prepolish - finally using, probably, cerium oxide to polish. basically, lapidary work.

I'd just replace them.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan