Forester '03

Hi!

Before I bought my Forester two years ago from a private party, I watched this site for a while. It had 6,000 miles on it, and a recall for the reverse(?) had been fixed.

I remember someone talking about a recall for the gamma sensor and a re-program of the computer if the mileage was bad and occational starting/ running problems occurred.

So... when I took the car inn for an oil change, I asked them why my milage was so bad. They told me there was no recall on the computer, and the bad milage was due to me using too high an octane (89) :-)))))

I have also had occational problems with the compass. It went away when I turned the auto-dim switch on and then off...........

Does any of this make sense???

I certainly woud appreciate some help here...

H.

Reply to
number 9

Edward Hayes