Forester 2.5x 6 disc Stacker?

I have the 2004 Subaru Forester 2.5x

One of the optional extras is a clarion 6 disc stacker. As pictured in the link below.

Anybody purchased this item? If so can somone please tell me how it interfaces with the head unit. (I.E. Cable, RF, optical etc) and which model number is used.

Reply to
Gregory Kleverlaan

I have a 1999 Outback GX. It did not come with the CD changer that the Limited models had. If your Forester's Clarion is anything like the Outback, then the CD Changer unit you want is DC625 from the Clarion Oz website.

I got mine from Autobarn, it doesn't say Subaru on the unit, but at a much cheaper price for the same thing.

Reply to
Losiho

So the one you're using just connects to the head unit via the 13 pin c-bus cable? Also where abouts did you mount the stacker? The subaru factory one is usualy mounted under the front passanger seat. As for removing the head unit. How hard was that? I am finding it very difficult to work out how to remove it and check the connections. Or would it be best to take the car to a 3rd party car audio shop and get them to install the unit for a small fee?

Reply to
Gregory Kleverlaan

It just plugs straight in, and operates with the OEM CD changer controls on the Clarion head unit.

Mine is under the front passenger seat, same as the Limited models.

To be honest, I didn't install it myself, for a small fee I got an installer to do it.

Reply to
Losiho

"Gregory Kleverlaan" wrote As for removing the head

I just did this to replace the head unit. Was not hard at all. This link shows how one fellow installed a turbo gage, which required removing radio. Helpful pictures on page 2:

In my 04 fxt automatic I had to move the shifter back first. Then disconnected the battery. Then used a thin, narrow putty knife to pop the tabs that hold the plate around the shifter. That was the trickiest part the first time- finding the place to exert pressure. I think the pictures on the site take it from there. I will watch for posts if you have questions but remember that I am a novice. -Ken

Reply to
Display Name

More info- you may want to start here:

Display Name

----- Original Message ----- From: "Display Name" Newsgroups: alt.autos.subaru Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 9:37 PM Subject: Re: Forester 2.5x 6 disc Stacker?

Thanks for the help. finally got the unit removed enough to have a look at it.

The factory unit installed. readio/single cd is a very basic No Name head unit. It just has a sticker on it with a model number PF2593B-B and made in China. But no extra external connections at all.

So I'm assuming the to install the factory accessory, A Clarion 6 disk stacker they would have to replace the head unit as well to accomodate the installation of the stacker unit. To take into account the $479 including installation they are charging for the unit.

Greg

Reply to
Gregory Kleverlaan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gregory Kleverlaan" Newsgroups: alt.autos.subaru Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 12:02 PM Subject: Re: Forester 2.5x 6 disc Stacker?

Just as I suspected the OEM unit is just a Clarion even though there is now mention of Clarion on the unit anywhere. I have an older model unit from another Subaru. We matched up the part numbers

Whilst the older unit has Model has Model Number PF-9739I The newer unit has Model Number PF2593B-B

So I am assuming that the older model labeled Clariuon and the newer unlabled model both have similar model numbers making them Clarion

Considering most of Clarions sales come from there supplies of OEM units to around 20 different motor car manufactrers

Gregory Kleverlaan