Forester 2001 Halogen Light Bulb / Replacement

All, I am a happy owner of a Subaru Forester 2001 L. It has paid for itself many times over getting to my destination safely during the most inclement of times in Upstate New York.

No major problems, just keeps humming along.

Anyhow, I have prided myself in being able to at least change the light bulbs on all varieties of cars for over 30 years.

Just yesterday, the passenger healight blew and so I got a replacement.

I am afraid I will break it but when I look at the rubber boot it says: "->Push-

Reply to
urabus

Ok, I think I know what the problem was, two things:

Rule #1) Don't do car work in the pitch dark. Rule #2) When in doubt, read the manual that came with the car!

So, I waited until daylight today and read the instructions (Page

11-49)

I hang my head in shame. Someone else in this forum said it was *easy* and they were right. But then, everything is easy once you know how to do it, right?

The bulbs are in and I am good to go. (Tricky getting them in without touching the bulb surface though!!)

This really is a GREAT Forum, as I have turned to it in the past and gotten my answers!!

Best regards to the Suby Owner's Community.

Reply to
urabus