Forester and Legacy: Rack connection?

How are rails connected to either the Forester, or the Legacy? Are they attached to the sheet metal of the roof, or the frame of the car?

Niels

Reply to
<nielskistrup

IIRC, they are attached to a part of the modified roof, not the sheet metal which couldn't stand the stresses of a 150lb load. Terry - '03 Silver Legacy SE sedan - 36 miles! '02 Regatta-Red GT wagon 5spd - 23k miles Yakima / TandeMover / Rockymount rack To reply, get rid of the "nonsense"

Reply to
TW-Ohio

That's ALL that I needed to know. I was worried about wind shear ripping not only the kayak & rack, but the roof off the car as well. Time to get a price quote on the XT.

Reply to
<nielskistrup