Forester color

I have a 2004 Forester, the dark green color. I urge people not to buy a Forester in this color, or similar very dark colors.

There are an amazing number of vehicles in America of the same general color and shape. In parking lots, I often have trouble locating my car.

Coming out of the market today, I saw a man walking toward my vehicle like he was going to get in. He didn't look like a thief, so I hung back a little to watch. When he was just about to enter it, he veered away, walked around the car, and got in another dark SUV next to mine.

I wanted a red Forester: I wish I had searched harder for one.

Reply to
P T

Throw 18's on her, drop her a bit, add some flames and 5% tint - you're good to go!

Reply to
seasick

My Foresters have been red. First one had to be brought from a dealer

300 miles away. Red is also common but I wanted a color that can be seen on the road and stands out.
Reply to
Frank

LOL. That's a good one. A coworker at my previous employer sweared he'd paint flaming bolts on his Prius. But the guy was all talk and a cheapskate. Makes me wonder how he picked a Prius over an Echo. Must've been a spite thing to the oil industry.

Reply to
Body Roll

Have a dark blue 2006 Forester and have already walked up to another one in the parking lot--what stopped me was noticing that my car seemed to have gotten a lot of scratches since that morning. The remote beeped just like it was unlocking my car, too.

On the other hand my car before this was a red Honda Civic--a couple of times I actually put my key in the door of another red Civic. Scary part is that the key turned part way too. Then I noticed an overcoat in the car which was definitely not mine.

My husband's Legacy is green and yeah, we see a lot of them too. My point is that there are lots of cars in most Subaru colors--one thing I dislike about Subaru is there isn't any choice of a distinctive color. This year my color choices were red, black, blue, beige, light grey, dark grey or white. I don't like beige interiors so that didn't leave much. Would have liked the lighter green but that's only on the LL Bean edition, which we didn't want. If they had a true silver instead of just grey, I might have chosen that.

A few years ago at an auto show saw a Forester in a black sparkle--really nice. I don't think they ever actually produced it though.

-yngver

Reply to
yngver

Hehe, flaming Prius. Now *that* would be hard to miss.

Reply to
seasick

I had trouble with the visual at first - what size bolts? Like head bolts or more like brake caliper bolts? Then the realization hit me.

Reply to
Michael Pardee

I have a white Outback and live at a ski resort. Usually about 20 or so white Outbacks with the same trimmings in every large parking lot I go to. I think people in the same regions tend to buy the same colors.

Reply to
Sheldon

Heck, you'd think those people would drive at 50 mph in the rightmost lane. Not so. They do as if they had a porsche, or at the very least S2000. Darting 80 mph in the 1st lane on their shitty tires. As if their stupid hybrid system is of any help on freeway. I'd take a new aerodynamically efficient non hybrid civic over it anytime. Too bad CAFE was not updated to measure highway fuel efficiency at 80-90 mph. That would've blown Scions Xb and

similar boxy garbage out of the water. As it is we're doomed to 65mph speed limits with the dumb CAFE updates.

Reply to
Body Roll

I thought white cars were pretty stupid until I read some sound deadener failure reports at high temperatures. I have b-quiet deadener on the outer door skins in a light colored car, so I don't care as much, but people in the scorching heat of Arizona deserts probably would see lower temperatures in white car (as opposed to dark colored cars). At least I think that's the case with motorcycle helmets. Black helmet - inexperienced rider. But white car in a ski resort??? That sounds a bit tacky. Unless you occasionally take it where it's very hot.

The seat of pants eyeballing is unreliable though. Be that the temerature in the greenhouse or anything else. On to my favorite topic of aerodynamic efficiency :-) For example, you can't tell that Cayenne has HIGHER drag coefficient (nevermind the larget frontal area) than Forester. It just looks sleeker than the Forester's front. But Porsche claims .39 and Subaru claims .34 Go figure. That turbo on Cayenne gets a workout at 100+ combatting the drag :-D But I somehow think that Porsche pulled .39 figure out of their posterior. Either they or Subaru did.

Reply to
Body Roll