Forester oil leaks

Hey guys--

Give me your thoughts on this one--My 2002 Subaru Forester with 18,000 miles has had 2 front crank seal oil leaks, 1 leak at the separator plate, and now a small oil leak from the main seal!!! Could an oil overfill at some point in the car's life be responsible for multiple oil leaks? Do they have to take the transmission out (again!) to fix the leak in the main seal?

Thanks for your info.

Olly

Reply to
Oliver

My Forester with 62,000 miles is tight & dry. Yes a serious overfill (1-2 quarts) could cause seals to leak but, I would first see if the crankcase is venting overpressure properly. Check the PVC valve and hoses and in addition there is a hose going from the crankcase to the aircleaner that must not be restricted or plugged. eddie

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Why worry what has to be dne to fix it? Take it to dealer and tell them to fix it under warranty.

Reply to
Jkpoulos7