Forester options

Looking to buy a 2011 Forester and looking for advice on options you love or hate. So far...

I want... Limited Edition - leather seats Trailer Hitch

But These?? auto-dimming mirror w/ compass wheel arch moldings splash guards cargo nets aero cross bars backup sensor moonroof air deflector other?

Any advice on price also appreciated. Like 2% below Invoice possible?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Alan S

I bought my roof crossbars, my cargo tray and my cargo net off ebay for about 1/2 the dealer price. You might price the hitch at eTrailer and HiddenHitch or w'ever the other big hitch company is called. I like the dimming mirror/compass in my wife's Outback.

I dunno about wheel arches.

I think splash guards are probably a good idea.

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

Cross bars are important to me too. They've been leaving them off. Also, if I were going whole hog, I would get built in gps with voice recognition.

Reply to
Frank

I like auto dimming mirrors myself. Wheel arch moldings: Can prevent scuffs, do you like the looks? Splash guards Yes Cargo nets, I like these too Cross bars. Do you plan to carry big things? ski's, bikes, cargo? I don't need them myself, so the extra noise isnt wanted Backup sensor your decision there moonroof air deflector- i dislike moonroofs over all trailer hitch: i prefer Subaru's over hidden hitch. Subarus kit to install them is reinforced inside the frame. If you plan to tow something heavy, needed. if its just for a bike rack buy cheap

Reply to
StephenH

With draw my suggestion for built in gps. Son's system in Mercedes failed and if not under warranty would have cost $3,500 to repair. Not worth it.

Reply to
Frank

I wonder why people want these in an economy car. It's not like an economy car becomes premium all of a sudden, not to mention that the feel sucks regardless of the temperature outside. As far as fornication goes cloth seems to beat leather any day. As far as the foreplay is concerned i donno, do chicks dig leather in compact cars?

I would advise against auto-dimming cool sounding but does not work when you want to.

dunno how is visibility in forrester but in general i'm against band aiding poor visibility out back with electroniks.

I wonder if it's wind tunnel tested and helps or detracts from the fuel economy.

Reply to
AD

I don't have any of these on our 1999 Forester, but do have some of them on other cars so can comment.

Auto dimming is nice but not particularly needed. The compass is superfluous if you have GPS. If you want GPS, I recommend a windshield-mounted TomTom for a couple of hundred bucks instead of the factory unit.

A cargo net came with my Infiniti G35 coupe. I found it to be just in the way, so I took it out in 2003 and only reinstalled it last week when I put the car on sale. My new car (Infiniti M37) also comes with a net. Since the trunk is configured differently this net may be useful but I expect I'll be putting this net aside too. YMMD.

I had a deflector on a 1985 1/2 Honda Prelude Si. I liked it because in hot weather it let me park and leave the roof cracked open without fear of rain getting in. (But be careful if it does rain, because if you leave the roof cracked and then brake, water from the rest of the moonroof will slosh forward into your lap. Heed the voice of experience.) My 2003 G35 also came with a deflector. This one is configured differently and wasn't useful as described, so I took it off and, like the cargo net, only put it back on when getting the car ready for sale.

Times are tough for auto dealers. I got my M37 for about $1,000 less than the dealer's *actual* (not invoice) cost after factory incentives and hold-backs; $2,000 less than what Kelly Blue Book lists as the "Fair Purchase Price" on their web site. Note that Infiniti dealers make their profit on their first-class but very expensive parts and service. Subaru dealers may differ.

Reply to
John Varela