Forester security system light blinking, system won't arm

The security system light on our 2001 Forester is blinking after the key is turned off, 2 blinks at time. All doors and the hood are closed, and the system will not arm. Any ideas about what might be causing this? I can't find anything in the owners manual that addresses this. Thanks, Susan C

Reply to
smcavana

2 flashes indicates that you've gotten it into valet mode somehow. You did this pobably by holding the disarm button for more than 2 seconds at some point.

Just push that unlock button for more than 2 seconds again and you should be back in business.

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Oh, this info is buried in the owners manual in the middle of the keys and doors chapter in the Valet Mode section.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Also, the driver's door must be open (at least on 2000 Outback) while holding the disarm button for 2 seconds.

Reply to
bj.hoffstadt