Forester Tire Change?

Replacing my stock tires, which are 205/70-15. Is it worth going to a

215/65-15 ? Will they fit? Will bigger tires hurt anything?

Also, I'm looking at the Michelin Hydroedge. Any feedback on them? Most driving is dry, but we do go skiing often in the winter.

Thanks LT

Reply to
LT

They'll certainly fit on the wheels. They'll be 10mm wider, of course, with an insignificant 2mm smaller ground clearance. The wider track will not be an advantage in deep snow (lower wt/sq.in) although it may have one in off-road use.

Subaru calls for light truck tires for the Forester. Are people satisfied with the handling of car tires like the Hydroedges on this vehicle? I have a friend with a Forester who needs to replace the OEM Bridgestone Duelers (?) after only 30K. She wants something better - the dealers want to replace them with Goodyear Assurances. Any opinions?

Please reply to me by email if you have relevant info.

John

Reply to
John Bevan

I've had Hyrdroedges on my 03 Forester X for 7K. In VA I drive in a lot of wet weather, little snow, mostly on the road with a little softroading. The Hydroedges have been outstanding. There have also been some serious votes for Goodyear Tripletreads, which are similar in concept.

George Bame Norfolk, VA

Reply to
George Bame

John Bevan wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news1.east.earthlink.net:

snip

I have the Goodyear triple tread, on a 01 Forester, Best tires I've ever owened...Amazing tires

Reply to
Rob