Forester (US) Rear wiper blade replacement problem

The rear wiper blade on my '05 Forester is a non-standard design. The arm is designed in such a way that a standard blade won't fit. It's end is too wide to fit into the opening on the blade. I suppose that leave only three options:

  1. Buy a replacement blade from the dealer

  1. Replace the arm with a US standard (Trico). Does anyone know how to remove the existing wiper arm? I have looked for a setscrew but can't find one. What's the trick?

  2. Replace only the wiper element

The desert heat & sun where I live will ruin a wiper blade in 6 months, leaving them worthless when the winter rains hit.

Reply to
ZZ

The 3/36 warrantee covers wiper blades, at least on my 04 OBW....

Reply to
Alan

Unless you want to pay $10 for a "genuine Subaru replacement part" (...which was probably made in China for 20 cents and Subaru is making obscene profits upon...) it's best to replace it with a Trico blade holder and replacement elements.

Reply to
Mike N

Agreed that's the route I will go, but how do you get the old wiper arm off the shaft that comes from inside ?

TIA

Reply to
ZZ