Forrester, timing belt or chain?

Hi All,

Does the 2006 Forrester with a 4 cyl engine use a metal timing chain or a rubber timing belt?

If rubber, how many miles before it needs to be changed?

Many thanks,

-T

Reply to
ToddAndMargo

Rubber belt on the 4, chain on the 6.

Various miles given on older ones, I think yours is 105,000 miles.

I had mine replaced at 98K "just because" (engine was apart for warranty head gasket repair, but it looked almost new.

Reply to
nobody >

Thank you!

Reply to