Front Lic. Plates

I just registered my MY05 WRX in TX from FL. Here they have front license plates...

There are two huge holes in the front bumper with no apparent way to stall screw (they also are too wide-set for the holes in the license plate). The dealership said to just drill into the plastic dimples just inside those holes and mount the plate there. I don't really want to drill into or screw into my new car bumper. Since I move around a lot I plan to be in another state w/ no front plate requirements. How can I avoid uglying up my front plastic? Anybody got any bright ideas or know of any mounting hardware that use the pre-existing (albeit large) factory holes?

Thanks!

Mike

Reply to
MikeL

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I would make a bar that spans the area between the two existing holes, and attach it to the bumper. Make holes in the bar which match the license plate, and screw into those holes. Irf you make the bar out of aluminum, it will be easy to cut and drill, and won't rust.

Reply to
l.lichtman

Reply to
lmnop

The new Subaru is supposed to come with a license plate bracket that screws into that hole...all of mine did. I wish there were no holes because even though mt requires a front plate I won't use one. TG

Reply to
TG

If the holes are not so far apart that they are still behind the plate, why not just drill two new holes into the corners of the license plate and mount it that way?

Reply to
ZZ