fuel odor......

I have a 98 Subie Legacy L sedan, which has developed a stong odor of gasoline. It has just started to leak.....could this be related to the evap contrl sys? i can find no leaks or seeping anywhere in the fuel lines.... Thanks.....

Reply to
onesandzeroes01

It happened on my 95 Legacy recently. A smell of gas at startup. It showed to be the seals in the exhaust system that were leaking. These leaks were happening under the car and the smell was picked up by the vent inlets.

Have the exhaust seals checked. Particularly the donut after the catalyst. If it leaks, it will destroy the flanges after a while and it will cost you a $500. catalyst...for a $15. seal. (it did cost me a catalyst...)

Felix

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
felixc