? ghost in my auto door locks - Impreza Outback Sport 98

Last week my auto-locks started engaging every 30 to 50 seconds or so. Sometimes it stops but starts back up again, seemingly when I brake or use the turn signal, but this could just be coincidence. Any ideas?

Have a unsealed rear light cover that gets rainwater in it. Could this have anything to do w/ it?

Reply to
mmoore

The first thing I would eliminate is the hand held door opener/closer. Leave it at home and go for a ride. Then I'd fix the rear light. Next remove the door switch that allows you to open/close all the doors from the arm rest. If those ideas don't fix it then Hggggg go looking for an intermittent short.

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Fix that rear light. There are Subies that have issues with melting solder on the base of the brake light bulbs that leads to very unusual electrical problems caused by electrical back feed circuits being created. Replace/inspect the bulb(s) first.

Reply to
DG

just as something else to try is the electrical system getting full voltage all the time as an alternator that is playing up could cause this

DILLIGAF DJ

Reply to
Anarky