Good prices for OEM parts

Website - Lou Fusz Subaru in St Louis, MO:

I know this has been asked several times w/o very helpful responses cause I've searched for it myself. I've found that one of my local dealers (Lou Fusz) has an online parts store that has discounted OEM parts. I am replacing my knock sensor and a door jamb switch so I give the prices for those as examples: Knock Sensor: MSRP: $94.17 Lou Fusz: $84.75 Door Switch: MSRP: $8.57 Lou Fusz: $7.71

They and another local dealer both quoted me the MSRP when I called their parts department directly. When I pointed out the price on the website, the guy at Lou Fusz said he could sell for that price. If I were to buy online I would be charged shipping and tax. Since they're local I'll just go pick the parts up, but for those outside of MO, you might only be charged shipping (not tax), so it may be cheaper than buying at MSRP locally. Alternatively, you MIGHT be able to get your local dealer to pricematch.. not sure what luck you'd have there.

-Scott

PS. if you go to the main Lou Fusz site:

you can go to any of the makes in their network and get a similar parts solution (I only tested the Mazda site, I assume the rest are the same). YMMV

Reply to
Scott Hughes