Great Subaru Reliability in the USA

I have owned several Subarus in the US and all of them were exceptionally reliable.

I owned a 92 Legacy bought used with 120,000 miles. I drove it to 150,000 miles and never did anything except buying a tire and changing the oil.

I bought a new 2001 Legacy wagon with automatic. In 3 years, there was absolutel;y nothing wrong with it and nothing but scheduled service was required. Its resale value was unreal. I paid 19k for it and got 13.5k as tradein with 19000 miles and a $1000 body repair needed.

I traded it for a new 04 WRX wagon because I no longer needed the big wagon because I did not have my giant dog to haul around.

Around the New England area, there really is not a better car to have than a Subaru, they go in the snow, mud, wash board roads and deep pot holes. They also can deal with Boston traffic jams when it is 95 degrees.

The Indiana factory does a very good job of building the Subaru's.

Reply to
salligator

Not sure about all the variations (WRX etc.) but I think the Imprezza line comes from Gunma, Japan

Reply to
null_pointer