green plug under dash on left side of canadian car

I have a green wiring harness underneath the dash of my 2000 outback LTD wagon. It is not connected.

Should it be?

What is it?

If anyone could check, I would appreciate it.

Tx.

Joe

Reply to
steam_mill

Hope we mention the same wiring harness,

As far as I´ve read in another newsgroup it is something about OnBoard-Diagnosis. Connecting it should bring your ECU in some kind of "reading" or "testing" mode, I don´t remember exactly. If connected, your CEL should light up, so leave it unconnected. (They say it´s a joke to newbys - "Sure it should be connected, don´t know why your CEL is comming up!..."

Reply to
Winkler Kurt