Grinding noise when turning

I have a 98 outback with 89,000 miles on it. It started making a grinding/ shuttering noise when turning left or right from a stop under power. I remember seeing this posted before but can't locate the answer.. Before I go to the dealer I would like to have an idea of what's wrong

Reply to
subaru

Sounds like CV (continuous velocity) joint(s) went bad.

-- Jack Gavin

Reply to
Jack Gavin

If it is an automatic, it may be the transfer clutch in the transmission.

Reply to
Rob Munach