hand brake prob

For some reason the hand brake on my 97 legacy GTB slams on tight, it doesnt have a stiff feel to it to operate, however if you're crawling to a stop and pull up the hand brake before stoping it stops you dead as if you'd hit a brick wall.

anyone got any ideas what it could be

Ryan

Reply to
Ryan

Edward Hayes

I suspect the friction material is worn, metal to metal actually stops you faster...too bad it destroys everything and doesn't give much "feel". If you are using the brake for it's intended purpose "holding the car in place after it is stopped" I wouldn't mess with it. If it was being used for it's intended purpose I doubt the friction material would have worn out. TG

Reply to
TG

Reply to
MIKE