Have ne1 get a chance to drive both Impreza outback and Legacy 2.5GT recently?

Members:

Does ne1 here have a chance to drive an 2005 Impreza Outback and 2005 Legacy 2.5GT? If so what do you thing about interior noise and road noise particularly in highway between these two? Taking into consideration that all criteria such as speed, road surface etc are the same. Personally I think the Outback is quieter than the Legacy. Could this be the low profile tire on the Legacy that causing a louder interior noise or am I having problem with my ear?

Thanks for any input.

Reply to
njchen24

I would agree with you. The exhaust note seems to be louder on the GT, and the GT tends to be equipped with lower profile, more aggressive tires, which might add to road noise.

The GT is also actually closer to the ground, by 4/10 of an inch, which doesn't sound like much, but in practice, is significant.

2005 Specs: Minimum road clearance at curb weight: GT: 5.9 inches Impreza Outback: 6.3 inches

Also, when the turbo kicks in on the GT, that might add to engine noise.

Good luck,

Marc Sindell Twin City Subaru Sales Montpelier Vermont

Reply to
marcus153