Headlight circuit not working (bad relay?)

Hi,

I have a 1987 DL Wagon, and the left low-beam circuit isn't working. When I turn the headlights on (low-beams), the left side low-beam unit, the white running light and the amber side light all don't work. However, the left turn signal works fine, and when I turn on the high-beams, both headlight units on the left side come on (the car has a total of 4 sealed bulb units). This would appear to indicate that all bulbs are working OK. I've also checked all of the fuses.

I'm guessing there's a bad relay. I don't know where the headlight relays are, so any help would be much appreciated. I have the Haynes Repair Manual, and it shows the relays on the wiring diagram, but I couldn't find 'em while I was poking around under the hood or under the dash.

Thanks!!

-dan

Reply to
Dan

There are 4, maybe 5, relays in a row directly behind the instrument cluster. I noticed them when I once swapped out the dash. Never had a relay problem si never identided these relays but I suspect here is where you'll find the headlight relays.

Reply to
johninKY

Turns out it wasn't the relay; well at least, it seems not to be.

The low-beam light was out, as well as the 2 side marker light bulbs. I'm not sure that they all went out together, but it seems kinda suspicious.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
Dan