hello AND owner's manual 1996 Subaru Impreza 1.8 GL AWD

Hi there

I'm new in this group and yesterday I have been reading some nice articles. First I want to let know that I'm from Belgium-Europe and English is not my mother tongue. Also I'm knew to newsgroups in general!

Now on the Subaru stuff. My previous (and first) car was a Subaru Justy 1.2 S II, running on LPG. I've had a lot of pleasure of this car, which I had for 10 years. When I bought it, it had 56,000 km and was 1.5 years old; I ended up with 318,000 joyful km. In all that period, this car has NEVER let me down! I have had some problems, yes, but none of them were major. I had to buy another car because of the corrosion: it couldn't pass the obligatory technical control in Belgium anymore without very high costs. So I decided to buy another one. As driving a very reliable car is very important to me, I decided it should be or a Toyota or again a Subaru.

We had a very good opportunity to buy a 1996 Subaru Impreza 1.8 GL AWD with 80,000 km, which we are driving for some months now. First thing we did, was buy another LPG-installation (it did cost more than what we paid for the car, but within two or three years we will get break-even on this one.

I have some questions on the Impreza; perhaps someone of you can help me.

  1. Do you know how I can get or download a free or cheap owner's manual of this 1996 (built in February, I think) Impreza? Are there differences in European-Japanese-American-UK Imprezas? Because I'd like a manual that really goes together with this car. I'm not looking for a service manual, as my hands are not of a technical kind :-) !

  1. I have read some articles on the different Impreza builds (or is it builts?) Is my Impreza of the very first generation or is it the second/third/fourth one? How much liter gasoline/petrol can it contain (I'm asking because we're driving the LPG, as I stated before, so I really don't know).

  2. I read somewhere in someones message that there is water leaking into the trunk. I made the same conclusion when we were looking for another second hand 1997 Impreza and both had this problem. I asked my garage keeper (is this good English?) to take care about it, and, after serious looking, he found out that there is water leaking from one or both SIDES of the backscreen and then leaking into the trunk.

I hope that you can and will give me positive reaction on my message - I'm looking forward to it!

Greetings

Guy, Belgium snipped-for-privacy@altern.org

Reply to
GuyC