Help: Info on cam seal Replacement: 97 Impreza

Slightly different subject: I'm about to replace timing belt, crank seal, WP etc. on this car. What about the Cam Seals, which I think I once heard were a potential problem too.

Anyone done this? What's the procedure? I assume the belt spockets have to be removed... right?

Any pointers on pulling and replacing these and the crank seal appreciated!

Reply to
Terry King

Break the belt sprockets loose before removing the timing belt.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Oh. great idea!! I'll make sure to do that...

Are the sprockets just splined/keyed on the camshafts?

Do you need a puller to get them off once the retaining nut is loosened?

Reply to
Terry King

I could be wrong. I seem to remember a taper and a square key. I did not need a puller to get mine off.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

THANKS! Jim... I'm about ready to dive in....

Reply to
Terry King