Help on surging when changing gear

Hi Guys

I have a '95 Impreza turbo wagon Auto and when changing gear under hard acceleration it seems like its missing the change and keeps trying to find the gear. Obviously the revs bounce up and down and the last time I think I noticed a burning smell. Any ideas?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Soper

Have you checked the transmission fluid level recently?

Know when the last time it was changed?

Reply to
Ratatooie

Sounds like the transmission might be slipping a bit.

Auto Forums

Reply to
xblazinlv